Dorothy G. Brander, 88, of Ogdensburg, died on April 4, 2014, at her home. Dorothy made the generous gift of herself to science. She is survived by her sons, Lewis and his wife Holly Brander of Ogdensburg, Larry and Marilyn Brander of Lisbon, Dale and his wife Susan Brander of Canton, brothers, Leon LaRock of Ogdensburg, Paul LaRock of Massena, sisters, Irene Holland of Waddington, Barbara Goult of Ogdensburg, Pauline Wing of Ogdensburg, 7 grandchildren, 9 great grandchildren, several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by a daughter, Darlene Brander Holden, brothers, Wesley LaRock, Junior LaRock, sisters, Rachael Beldock, Beverly Wells, Florence Bogart, and Katherine Harper. Dorothy was born in the Town of Oswegatchie, on July 14, 1925, the daughter of Maurice and Arene Peters LaRock; she graduated from Lisbon Central School. She married Lewis Brander on November 6, 1943 at the White Church Congregational Church, the Reverend John Edgar officiating; he died on February 24, 1982. She was a sales clerk at the Stanley Dwyer Hardware in Lisbon and was a receptionist and secretary at the office of Dr. Robert Thompson in Lisbon. Dorothy was a member of the White Church Congregational Church, AMVETS Post 19, and ladies auxiliary for over 20 years, Lisbon Grange for over 25 years, and the Order of Eastern Star. She enjoyed gardening, sewing, knitting, crocheting, cooking and taking care of her home. In lieu of flowers contributions can be made to Hospice and Palliative Care of St. Lawrence Valley. Dorothy's family would to express a special thanks to all of the people at hospice for their care and understanding.